AXIS ETRAX FS
Designed to meet demands for low cost, easy implementation
and superior network performance, the ETRAX FS is Axis'
seventh-generation optimized system-on-a-chip solution for
putting peripherals directly on the network.
The ETRAX FS includes, within a single system-on-chip
device, a 200 MIPS 32-bit RISC processor plus dual on-chip
10/100 megabit Ethernet controllers, a wide range of device
interfaces including multiple high speed serial ports and an
integrated USB 1.1 PHY. The device comes in a 256-pin PBGA package and uses 465 mW power (typical). The
ETRAX FS was developed using 0.13 µm ASIC technology, giving it
one of the best price/performance ratios available today.
The ETRAX FS runs the standard Linux 2.6 kernel and Axis
provides a tested distribution with associated software
components, all available in the SDK on the Axis developer
- High Performance, Low Power Consumption
- With its improved instruction set, ETRAX FS has 2.7-3
times more CPU performance and 8
times more internal bandwidth than its
predecessor ETRAX 100LX. The CRIS CPU core (CRIS v32) now has a 5 stage
pipeline, separate instruction and data caches (16 kbyte
each) with 256-bit wide data buses.
- For extra demanding applications or drivers, ETRAX FS
also has an on-chip RAM of 128 kbytes, 256 bit wide, with 20
ns cycle time. Several power-save modes are also available.
- Designed for Networking
- Dual 10/100 Mbit/s full duplex Ethernet controllers make the ETRAX FS ideal
for networking high performance devices.
- Crypto Accelerator
- Hardware accelerated wire-speed cryptography allows
efficient implementation of cryptography protocols and applications.
Supported crypto algorithms are AES, DES, 3DES. Supported
hashing algorithms are SHA-1 and MD-5. Throughput 200 - 3000 Mbit/s depending on selected operations.
- Built in Memory Controllers for Low Product Cost
- The ETRAX FS has 4 GB of address space. It supports
SDRAM, SRAM, EPROM, EEPROM, and NOR/NAND Flash PROM without
external logic for fewer components and lower cost.
- I/O Protocol Processor for Flexible Device Attachment
- A patented micro-code programmable I/O protocol
processor adds great flexibility to the product as it can be
used to connect many types of devices to the system.
Examples of protocols that can run in the I/O Processor are
parallel and serial ports, PC-Card, CardBus, PCI, USB FS/HS
host, USB FS device, SCSI and ATA. The I/O Processor has
real-time performance and consists of three 200 MHz 32-bit
processors with local memory and hardware accelerators.
- Runs the Real Linux - Rapid Development
- Thanks to the included MMU, ETRAX FS can run the real Linux
2.6 kernel. All the familiar Linux tools greatly reduces the
up-front investment and learning time for developers. Free
powerful debugging features available include:
- Strace is used on an application to trace which
system calls it makes and which signals it receives from
the kernel. It is a standard system tool, available on
Linux host systems.
- GDB, both user mode and kernel mode
- Stub-less debug via JTAG TAP (requires a
Xilinx Parallel Cable
- Watchdog timer for self-diagnostics and increased
- AXIS ETRAX
more about Axis' SDK and Linux
NOTE: The integrated circuit ETRAX FS is
classified as a dual use product according to Regulation (EC)
No. 1334/2000 and needs authorization for re-export outside
the European Union, United States of America, Australia,
Japan, Canada, New Zeeland, Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Czech
Republic and Hungary.
|ETRAX FS Sample Pack